Lost Certificates

How to Get a Replacement California Hunter Education Certificate

Students who have completed a California Hunter Safety Education Course in the year 1989 or later can obtain a replacement hunter education certificate by contacting the Department of Fish & Wildlife Hunter Education Office at 916-445-0411.


If you have completed a hunter education course prior to 1989, or if your name is not in the DFW hunter education database, you will need to contact the instructor or organization who originally administered your hunter safety course to request a duplicate certificate. If you cannot obtain a replacement or duplicate certificate, you may need to repeat your hunter safety course.

Lost Hunter Safety Follow-up Class Voucher

The Follow-up Class Voucher is required to attend the California DFW 4-hour Internet Follow-up Class. If you have lost your Voucher you can sign in to your exam center and print out a new copy. You can also contact HUNTERcourse.com at 1-866-495-4868 or e-mail info@huntercourse.com and we will send you a copy of your voucher.